Forget about strict diets and grueling workouts. Our body is a very flexible system that reacts quickly to the slightest changes in our daily routine. So losing a few pounds is not difficult.
5 rules to follow for the next 30 days
- Drink 1.5-2 litres of water a day, in addition to tea, coffee, compotes and drinking yogurt. Start each morning with a glass of clean water. Take a bottle of water to work and put it next to you, so you don’t forget to drink. Literally in a few days it will become a habit. But remember that you shouldn’t drink at least an hour after eating.
- Strike out of your diet sweets, bread, fast food, fatty and fried food. It’s better to replace it with fruits, baked dishes and salads full of vitamins. If it becomes quite bland without sweets things, you can eat a piece of bitter chocolate. And yes, go to the supermarket only when you are full. On an empty stomach, you risk being tempted by food that is contrary to the principles of proper nutrition.
- Breakfast, lunch and light dinner should be at the same time every day. Between the main meals, insert small snacks: protein bars, dried fruits, homemade yogurt, diet loaves, low-fat cheese, fruits and vegetables, so the body does not panic and try to stock up fat for future use.
- Move on. If you are not a member of a leisure centre, try to walk every evening and perform a specific exercise program at home every other day. Do not sit all day at work. Every 20-30 minutes get up and walk around the office. When you move, your body comes to life, gets rid of excess reserves and is enriched with oxygen.
- Don’t think about the fact that you are losing weight. Tell yourself that you have switched to a healthy lifestyle that will help you become more perfect. Enjoy the process and maintain a positive attitude. Take a photo, weigh in and measure the basic measurements of your body before starting the course to evaluate the results of your efforts.
Exercise should be done every other day so that the body can restore itself. Training is suitable for both men and women.
First, do a warm-up: easy running in place, torso tilts to the right and left, squats (10-15 times) and arm circles.
Then go to the main workout. In the beginning, each exercise is done in 2-3 sets of 10-20 repetitions. The pause between exercises is no more than two minutes.
FREE Fast Shipping offer for our readers:
- Reduce body fat;
- Target cellulite and stretch-marks;
- Purify and firm the skin;
- Regulate blood glucose and circulation;
Gradually, the load will increase.
- Classic crunches: The starting position is lying on the back. Hold your hands behind your head or on your chest. Elbows spread apart. Legs slightly bend in the knees at an angle of 45-60 degrees and lifted above the floor. Now start lifting your head. Pull your chin to your chest. Go to the maximum possible point for you and return to the starting position. If it becomes difficult, move to the couch and place your feet on it. Or just bend your legs at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Side plank: Lie on one side, lean on your elbow. Then lift the body so that it’s an absolutely straight line without sagging and protruding parts. You should not feel pain, only tension. Perform the exercise you need on each arm in turn. When the plank is first done, it is recommended to start with short workouts – no longer than 30 seconds. Time should be increased gradually.
- Twisting: Lie down on the floor, slightly bend your knees. Slowly lift the body and start twisting at first to one side, then to the other. Try to touch the elbow of the opposite knee. At the lowest point, do not lie completely on your back. Lift and hold two centimetres from the floor, so you keep the tension in the muscles and work them more efficiently. Be sure to keep your hands behind your head.
- The boat: Lie down on your stomach, lift your chest and stretched legs as high as you can. At this time, the hands lie along the body. Then extend your arms forward and hold the position for five deep breaths. Grasp your ankles and try to rock back and forth a little.
Bums and Thighs
- Pelvic lifts: Lie on your back, bend your knees, and put your hands along the body with your hands down. On breathing out, raise the hips up to the maximum possible point (usually it gives a strong muscle tension). At this point, you need to lock in for a few seconds. Your back should remain straight. On breathing in slowly return to the starting position.
- Donkey kicks: Get on your knees and put your forearms on the floor. The back is flat, slightly bent in the lower back, a glance forward. Next, take a breath and take one leg back, fixing it at the top point for a few seconds. On exhalation, return to the starting position.
- Leg thrusts: Lay down on the right side, lean your right hand on the floor, put the left on the waist or on the floor. The right leg is straight, the left leg is bent at an angle of 90 degrees. Lift the right leg to the maximum possible point. Then return the leg to its original position. Exercise should be done on both legs.
- Squats: Stand upright, feet shoulder width apart, arms extended forward. Slowly start crouching. Lower the buttocks as if you have a chair that you can sit on, that is, to a level where the hips will be parallel to the floor. Now slowly rise, controlling each movement.
- Push-ups on one leg: Get on your knees. Lie down placing your hands under the upper chest. The distance between the palms should be slightly more than the width of the shoulders. From the bottom point, start lifting the body, leaning on the hands and knees, but at the same time keep your weight on your feet while pulling yourself up. The abs and buttocks are tense. If it’s difficult, you can push yourself on bent knees.
- Mountain climbers: Do the blank. The body should be a kind of straight line, the abs and buttocks are tense. The right leg is bent at the knee and pulled up to the chest. Put your foot on the floor, then return your foot to its original position. Repeat the same with the other leg.
This block can be changed, adding to it a variety of exercises for stretching and post training.
- Butterfly: Sit on the floor, bend your knees and press one foot to the other. Relax your knees down and place your palms on them. Gently pressing on them, push the knees to the floor, trying to achieve full contact throughout the outer surface of the foot. Hold for 10-15 seconds and release the pressure.
- The Pharaoh: Sit on your mat, pull out your right leg, and bend the left knee touching your right leg. Then turn your body to the left and press the elbow of the right hand into the knee of the left leg. Hold this position for a few seconds.
- Cat: Go on all four and slouch as much as you can. Keep the adopted position for 15 seconds. Then, bend your back and look up. Hold this position for 15 seconds.
- Back Skating: Lie down on your back and bend your legs, try to reach your chin up to your knees, and your knees to the chin. At the same time, swing your arms around your legs in order to stretch every bit of your spine.
It is recommended to do exercise every day, as many times as you want.
Do all exercises consciously. Try to feel how your muscles tense and work. Do not hurry. If you are tired, allow yourself a 5-minute break, walk around the room, take a sip of water and continue training.
At the end of the session, take a deep breath and exhale. For a few minutes, lie motionless, regain your breath. Smile and praise yourself. Today you have become even more beautiful!
Menu for the month
To lose weight in a month, you need to eat small, balanced and quality foods. Do not starve yourself, but do not overeat.
To do this, concentrate on the taste of food, its aroma, consistency. Eat slowly and thoughtfully, without being distracted by a TV, computer or book. So you are satisfied with less food.
Overeating is partly a cause of stress and emotions. Try hard to spend your free time meeting up with friends and remember about your favourite hobbies. After a day’s work, try to relax, take a bath, free your thoughts and concentrate on your loved ones.
Life-hacker offers eight options for each meal. Combine them as you like. But remember a few rules:
- It is better to exclude salt altogether from the diet or to reduce the volume of its consumption. Salt retains water, which means it prevents the body from removing toxins.
- Supermarket sauces are high in calories and contain a lot of artificial additives, which can stimulate appetite. Therefore, it is better to cook both sauces and seasonings on your own.
- Regarding drinks, in addition to pure water, give preference to green tea, vegetable and fruit juices. Limit the consumption of coffee drinks (latte, cappuccino, etc.), purchased juices and tea with sugar.
- Remember that alcohol is a high-calorie drink that stimulates appetite. You should drink half a glass of good wine once a week.
- Oat flakes and a little dried fruit, low-fat milk and fruit.
- Vegetable salad with olive oil. A hot sandwich made with whole grain bread.
- Porridge from oat flakes with a spoonful of raisins.
- Boiled buckwheat with a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Scrambled eggs, large tomato, cheese and rye bread sandwich.
- Low-fat cottage cheese, mixed with parsley, radish and herbs.
- Buckwheat with boiled chicken, lettuce.
- Low-fat cottage cheese, mixed in a blender with a banana.
- Fruit or crackers with feta cheese.
- Lowfat curd, fresh or frozen berries.
- One glass of kefir (1% fat) and two grain loaves.
- One apple, low-fat cottage cheese.
- Fruit or crackers with feta cheese.
- Low-fat cheese and dietary bread
- One boiled egg and a glass of vegetable juice.
- Mozzarella, ripe tomatoes with basil.
- Chicken and vegetable soup. Sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions and lettuce leaves with olive oil.
- Broccoli, baked cod. Fresh lettuce.
- Boiled, stewed or baked chicken breast without skins with boiled rice. Simple vegetable salad.
- Veal with steamed potatoes. Salad with tomatoes and cheese.
- Stewed or boiled veal. Salad from green onions, tomatoes and olives, sprinkled with lemon juice.
- Vegetarian soup with a slice of wholegrain bread. Vegetable salad, dressed with olive oil.
- Low-fat fish, cooked on a grill, and boiled potatoes. Salad greens, seasoned with lemon juice
- Stewed liver with garnish of buckwheat. Vegetable mix.
- One glass of curdled milk (2.5% fat content) and two grain loaves.
- Oatmeal cookies, green tea.
- Natural yoghurt (1.5% fat), diet bread.
- Low-fat cottage cheese with honey.
- Low-calorie yogurt, several oatmeal cookies.
- Boiled egg, tomato.
- Kefir with rye bread.
- A glass of drinking yogurt.
- Baked Bulgarian pepper stuffed with brown rice and minced beef. Cherry tomatoes with soft cheese and greens.
- Fish fillet with a garnish of vegetables. Natural yoghurt.
- Grilled or stewed lean fish. Salad greens, seasoned with lemon juice.
- Salmon with a side dish of rice. Sliced tomato.
- Omelette made from two egg whites with low-fat milk, tomato and green onions.
- Casserole with cheese, low-fat veal and vegetables. Sandwich made from wholegrain bread and salmon.
- Stewed fish. Salad greens, seasoned with lemon juice.
- Stewed or baked veal. Salad from fresh cabbage.
Through strictly adhering to this menu and performing physical exercises, you will be able to lose 2-4 kg. You can be sure that a healthy way of life and a calmer attitude to stressful situations will benefit you. Love yourself and be healthy!